Covid-19 Information | Shades Creek Dental
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We follow the activities so we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued to make sure that we practice at the highest level of patient safety.
You may notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment to ensure the safety of our patients and team members. These include but are not limited to:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked the same questions upon arrival at your appointment along with having your temperature taken and recorded.
- The use of teledentistry to consult and screen your care over the phone. This allows the team and myself to limit the amount of people in the office while limiting your exposure.
- We ask that all childcare be arranged prior to your appointment and that any accompanying parties wait in the car for the duration of your appointment.
- Our team will text or call when we are ready for you to enter the office, at which time you will be directed to a cleaning station where you will wash your hands and use an anti-viral mouth rinse. We ask that you remove any gloves and mask prior to entering the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This will result in fewer available appointment times; however, know that we are offering priority scheduling to higher risk patients for first thing in the morning.
- Due to the increased overhead for each patient visit, there will be a $15 Personal Protective Equipment fee charged to each visit. Do know that we are working diligently with the American Dental Association and our insurance providers to have this fee covered.
- We will be collecting any copays and reviewing medical histories over the phone to limit your interaction with team members and to expedite your time in the office.
- We ask that you use the restroom prior to coming to your appointment. While this sounds like a strange request, current guidelines require us to clean the restrooms after each individual use. While this may be understandably unavoidable for longer procedures, we ask that you respect and understand our limited resources at this time.
We understand that this new normal is strange; however, know that it is all being done out of an abundance of concern for your health, as well as that of the other patients being seen in the office, myself and my team, and anyone in public with whom we will come into contact. As always, wash your hands, maintain safe social distancing practices, and be kind to one another.